The Brownells

The Brownells

More Pictures?

My phone won't let me post pictures on this blog, so I actually have to sit at a computer (which I do very rarely).....So, I post all of our pictures at www.thebrownells.shutterfly.com

About Me

My photo
I have a husband and a puppy. I love one and am obsessed with the other. I'll let you figure out which is which. I love my job, my house, my students, my cheerleaders, and my life. I guess you could say things are going pretty well... I teach high school English and coach cheer. Husband is a video game designer. Guess which one the future Brownell babies will think is cooler...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Silly Family Photos

In our house, we only have 1 place that we have personalized photos hung - in the office.  When we first moved into this house, we decided that we didn't want to fill our house with pictures of us, but rather with art and such.  The office, however is now FILLED with photos!

Now, this one, I realize is by far the most ridiculous thing you'll ever see in your whole life.  It's tucked away in the office, on a kind of a wall that you don't see.  He's just too cute not to have his own portrait!!!

The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?  I think I'm obsessed!

Yes, I had pop-art made of my dog's face.  But, when it's a face that looks like this how could you not????


Which takes me to the only other place we have personal pictures up.  We started this book shelf of pictures many, many, many, many years ago.  Then it only had a few pictures and many more books.  Now it TOTALLY looks ridiculous and you can't even see the books.  But we are planning on moving within the next year or so, so I don't want to start a whole new process.  In our eventual permanent house, we plan on having some sort of wall where all of these are posted, but for now it'll do.  On this bookshelf we post 1 picture from each trip we take.

Sometimes I'll just sit and look at each picture.  They represent SUCH great memories.  Each one reminds me of what ever country we were in.


Eventually I would like to put a label/sign on the front of each one that says what country we were in and the date/year.  As of now, I have it written on the back, but there will come a day that we will not remember.....sad but true!

2 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Oh, that is really, really neat! I really like the framed picture from each trip you take thing! Now, do you include ALL trips you take? Like, what if you go for a weekend away, or go somewhere locally, or not very exciting? Do you still do a picture? Or does it have to be out of the country to make the frame/grade?

That would look good tightly arranged in a grid over the bed, you know what I mean. It would make it a modern frame arrangement and the whole wall art. I did that over the couches in my college apartment, but I did it with black and white historic portraits. I love that wall so much I photographed it when I moved out. The only problem you guys would have is that you travel so much you'll eventually turn into one of those scary old people whose entire walls are covered with pics from floor to ceiling. (You better watch that you know.)

lol

I actually have a painting of my cats in my house too! A friend of mine is an artist and had to do a canvas oil painting for a class and asked me for a picture of my kitties to use. It actually hung up at an art show at cal state fullerton for awhile! When she was done with it she wrapped it up and gave it to me for christmas. I have it hanging in my house now. Now I just need her to paint my beagle... it's not fair to have only two of the three kids painted. (I only had two at the time though)

Mrs. ummmmmm......Brownell said...

We are actually very particular about which pictures go up and have literally argued about it! We only put up 1 picture per country and 1 picture per state. Sometimes we will put 2 per country (like in China, we went to 2 totally different provinces and wanted to represent both), or Hawaii (since we went to 2 different islands). We've been to a billion places in CA, but only have up 1 picture (from Yosemite). When I first made the wall a few years ago, I was just choosing pictures we already had, but the last few trips we went on, we literally were taking pictures for it, so that kind of ruins the whole allure of the travel wall. But, the pictures have to represent a long trip. Basically if we went on a plane....

I was thinking they would go up in a wall in the office, or up a stair case or something. I think it will be fun to look at it when we are old and gray (and remember when we were young) and for our kids to look at (someday....). For now, though, the bookshelf sorta does the trick.

The Brownells

The Brownells
Maximus