The Brownells

The Brownells

More Pictures?

My phone won't let me post pictures on this blog, so I actually have to sit at a computer (which I do very rarely).....So, I post all of our pictures at www.thebrownells.shutterfly.com

About Me

My photo
I have a husband and a puppy. I love one and am obsessed with the other. I'll let you figure out which is which. I love my job, my house, my students, my cheerleaders, and my life. I guess you could say things are going pretty well... I teach high school English and coach cheer. Husband is a video game designer. Guess which one the future Brownell babies will think is cooler...

Monday, August 15, 2011

Las Vegas Bachelorette Party

Not mine.  I've been married for years.  This was for a girl that I have literally known 20 years.  It BLOWS my mind to be able to say that about anyone, but it's true.  20 years.  Insane.  We used to dance together when we were little and she has a sister my sister's age, and another sister that is my brother's age (we used to always secretly hope that the 2 youngest would get married so we could be in-laws!).  So, Jessica is headed down the aisle, and we were headed to Vegas.

I've been to Vegas DOZENS of times.  It's only a 3.5ish hour drive from So Cal and husband is a poker player.  I've gone with just Andrew, I've gone with other couples, I've gone with friends.....but I have NEVER gone with just girls.  I was a little nervous since the only time I have been without Andrew was for a convention for work (with my sister) like 5 years ago.  I'm not much of a "girls-girl" so I was interested to see how it would go with them.  I love 4 of them (the bride, her 2 sisters, and my sister), but didn't know the other 3.  Also, I was the oldest and the only married one.....so I was worried about being fat and old.  Normal girl concerns........But, it went GREAT!
I'm not sure what's up with the demon eyes.  
I was told by my dear sister that I didn't have anything "Vegas-appropriate" to wear.  I'm a teacher, I wear teacher clothes.  On the weekends I wear knee-length skirts & dresses.  So I was on the hunt for something kind of whore-ish.  I think I succeeded (and then proceeded to spend quite a bit of time pulling down the skirt.....)

The outfit was Jenna approved  though she was upset that I was wearing wedge heels instead of spiky heels.  I figured if my legs (which haven't seen the light of day in a skirt in YEARS) were going to be out, then my feet were going to be comfortable!  The craziest part of it is that my skirt was not even CLOSE to the shortest in our group!!!!

We spent time at the pool at the Venetian, time at Tao Beach Club dancing, A LOT of time getting ready, eating, hanging out, going to dinner, drinking, and then dancing at The Bank at the Bellagio.  We even had table-service at The Bank.  I was a dance machine, until I had to start playing mom to all the drunk youngin's.

The ONLY negative was the incredible lack of sleep. They all drove out Friday, but Jenna didn't want to take the day off of work. So, we drove out Saturday morning (got up at 6:30 am). We didn't go to bed until 4:30 am the next morning (after a full day of drinking, and a full night of drinking and dancing).  Jenna took a nap, but I'm not a good nap person.  THEN, I got up at 7 am to start the drive home (I didn't want to sit in traffic.  Last time Jenna went it took her 7 hours to get home and I was unwilling to do that!).  So I slept about 2.5 hours in 36 hours. The drive home seemed to take forever since I was SO tired!  I took a 1 hour nap when I got home, but Andrew was actually home for once, so I didn't want to waste that time together!  I finally went to bed at 11 pm last night and woke up at 9 am totally rested.  phew!

It was my shortest trip to Vegas (a little less than 24 hours), my first trip with just girls and my first trip dressed like I'm 21.  For that many firsts, it had to be a good time! :)

Obligatory Sweaty club picture
 *All my pictures suck.  The pictures on one of the girls' camera are WAY better, but I'm impatient and didn't wait....


No comments:

The Brownells

The Brownells
Maximus